President: Kathi Pickett
Branch members come from a variety of professions and live in all parts of Clark County.
Membership Inquiries: Rosemarie @ 360-896-7199 (leave message). Please check us out!
Meetings: 2nd Wednesday of the month from 2-4 pm via Zoom; open to the public.
Dues: $90 per annum (includes state and national dues)
A sampling of what members get from the branch:
- community awareness
- opportunity to serve
- intellectual stimulation
- Branch delegation to annual Lobby Day in Olympia
- Participation in AAUW-WA Public Policy programs
- No public fundraising
- Branch contributions to AAUW Funds (Educational Foundation and Legal Advocacy)
- Monthly meeting includes a short program or a business meeting, plus time for networking
- Real University Book Group (monthly) – all read the same book, then discuss.
Our book group began in September 1975. After members read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, that book’s title was adopted as the group’s name. The book’s idea is that life is the real university educating a person.
– Vagabonds – informal day excursions to local points of interest
– Annual potluck picnic
Funds from an endowment at Clark College are distributed annually to 5-10 recipients: women returning to school, perhaps in college for the first time, or continuing a college program that was interrupted by marriage, children, or other factors. Applications available from the Clark College Financial Aid office and online at clark.edu/scholarships.